Posted by Mrs. W. on Nov 12, 2011
Confidence is having faith in yourself and in someone else. Self-confidence is trusting that you have what it takes to handle whatever happens. You feel sure of yourself and enjoy trying new things, without letting doubts or fears hold you back. When you have confidence in others, you rely on them.
WHY PRACTICE IT?
Fears, doubts, worries, the opinions of others hold us back when we do not have confidence. We worry about making a mistake, we don’t take on new challenges and we are affected by what others think or say.
HOW DO WE PRACTICE IT?
- feel sure of yourself even if you win, fail, succeed or not
- try new things and discover what you are good at
- think positively, believe in yourself and your abilities
- learn from your challengs and mistakes
- celebrate your successes
“I am confident. I love to try new things and do my best. I appreciate my gifts and abilities. I welcome new possibilities. I trust all things work together for good. ”
QUESTIONS TO THINK ABOUT:
- When do you feel most confident?
- When do you need confidence the most?
- What are you best at? What gave you the confidence to try or do it the first time?
- Is there anone that helps to encourage confidence in you?
Think positively! Go for it! Know you can!